The number of liquidated traders shot up above 100,000 and the total wrecked amount is above $400 million as bitcoin dumped to its lowest price position since March 25. Most altcoins are currently in an even worse shape.
- The crypto market performed well in late March when BTC surged to above $48,000 and marked a three-month high. The altcoins followed suit with many of them, such as ETH, registering similar three-month peaks.
- Yet, April started a bit more sluggish and bitcoin started losing value. It recovered most losses at first but earlier today dumped to just over $44,000.
- Now, though, the asset slumped even further south to $43,800 (on Bitstamp), which became its lowest price level since March 25.
- As it typically happens, the alternative coins mimicked the ride south, and most even registered even more substantial price losses.
- Ethereum is down to $3,200, Binance Coin struggles at $425, while Solana, Polkadot, Avalanche, MATIC, ATOM, and LINK have lost around 10% on a daily scale.
- Somewhat expectedly, this enhanced volatility has caused a large number of liquidations, according to data from Coinglass.
- The resource shows that the total liquidations have surged to over $400 million on a 24-hour scale and the number of wrecked users is nearly 135,000.
- The single largest liquidations order transpired on Okex and was worth almost $5 million.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.
Download MAXBIT Android App, Your best source of all crypto news!
Share this article: