Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla and SpaceX, purchased a 9.2% stake in Twitter, which became known recently, and was appointed to the board of directors shortly after. Now, the billionaire made several propositions to the social media giant’s paid subscription plan, one of which sees the implementation of Dogecoin payments.
- As reported by CryptoPotato earlier this month, Musk filed documents with the Securities and Exchange Commission showing that he purchased over 70 million Twitter shares, making him one of the two largest TWTR stockholders.
- Days later, news broke that the billionaire became a board member and suggested “significant improvements” for the platform. Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal welcomed the move, saying Musk will bring “great value” to the board.
- It didn’t take long for Musk to outline several propositions. In a series of tweets, he suggested that the subscription price should be lowered from $3 to $2 per month but paid 12 months upfront under certain conditions.
Price should probably be ~$2/month, but paid 12 months up front & account doesn’t get checkmark for 60 days (watch for CC chargebacks) & suspended with no refund if used for scam/spam
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) April 10, 2022
- He also wants the pricing to be “proportionate to affordability and in the local currency,” as well as removing all ads for subscribers.
- Lastly, Musk proposed the addition of Dogecoin as a payment method. He is arguably the most influential supporter of the first-ever memecoin and has highlighted his belief in the asset for years.
- Aside from being a DOGE investor, Musk has taken every opportunity to praise the cryptocurrency and even one of the companies he runs – Tesla – accepts Dogecoin payments.
- So far, though, there’s no response from the Twitter officials.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.
Download MAXBIT Android App, Your best source of all crypto news!
Share this article: