Tobias Lütke, CEO and founder of the e-commerce site Shopify, will join Coinbase’s Board of Directors subject to formal board approval later this week.
- Lütke will help Coinbase with its expansion plans as the crypto exchange targets newer products that appeal to crypto traders and investors internationally, Coinbase said in a note.
- “We hope to unlock crypto’s potential to increase economic freedom in the same way Shopify democratized online commerce,” Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong said in a press statement.
- Lütke was an early adopter of crypto through Shopify’s integration with Coinbase Commerce. It serves millions of merchants in more than 175 countries.
- “The concepts of decentralized finance and entrepreneurship exemplify the promise of Web 3 where opportunity exists for the many, not the few,” said Lütke in a statement. “Coinbase and Shopify share this like-minded vision, and I am excited to join the Board to support the future that Brian and the Coinbase team are building.”
- Lütke joins a board that includes Armstrong, Coinbase cofounder Fred Ehrsam, a16z founder Marc Andreessen and Kelly Kramer, the former CSO of Cisco.
Related: Tron Moves to 1-Week High, as Thorchain's RUNE Nears Lowest Level Since January 2021 – Market Updates Bitcoin News
Download MAXBIT Android App, Your best source of all crypto news!
Track live crypto price of 10000+ coins!