One of the popular Solana wallets, Phantom, announced the official launch of its app on Android. The latest development follows the previous launch of its iOS mobile app earlier in 2022.
- In a tweet thread on Monday (April 18, 2022), Phantom revealed that users can now download its mobile app from the Google play store. This means that they can send, receive, swap, stake, earn, and store crypto and non-fungible tokens (NFTs) from anywhere on any mobile phone running on Android.
- According to a blog post:
“Newly released features on Phantom such as push notifications and our enhanced ‘Recent Activity’ tab are also live on Android at launch.”
- Phantom further stated that there was an overwhelming interest from the community during the beta phase, stating that over 50,000 people participated in that testing period of the application.
- Also, the press release noted that Phantom witnessed increased adoption on Android from users in Vietnam, India, and Indonesia.
- Back in November 2021, Phantom announced plans to launch the mobile version of its wallet. Later in December, co-founder and CEO Brandon Millman said that while the team is focusing on a mobile app, there are plans to “add more NFT specific features like being able to buy and sell NFTs.”
- Meanwhile, the Android launch comes shortly after the Solana-based crypto wallet unveiled its iOS mobile app in February 2022. Phantom also hit unicorn status after raising $109 million from investors such as Paradigm, Andreessen Horowitz, Variant, and Jump Capital in a Series B funding.
- With the launch of the Phantom app on both iOS and Android, the blog post stated that innovative features around NFTs could go live in the next few months.
Download MAXBIT Android App, Your best source of all crypto news!
Share this article: